In this week’s episode you will learn what steps can you take to better prepare for the non-monetary side of retirement. Specifically, what have you seen and heard from those who have retired well and those who haven’t retired well. What vision do you have for retirement and how can you make that a reality. What does your ideal week and day look like and a framework that you can use.
- What have you seen from those who have retired well? What have you heard from those who are enjoying their retirement years? What resonates with you? Create a list. In the episode I go through ideas.
- To aid in making a successful transition. Write down and reflect on what do you currently enjoy from working? What specifically do you get from it? What are you worried about potentially missing and may be preventing you from taking the leap? When you have your list start going 1 by 1 on how you can replace that with a new activity outside of your current work or think about it differently. In this episode I go through some to help you get the ball rolling.
- Developing a Vision of What it would look like. How do you want this time of your life to feel? What do you want to be doing? What do you want it to look like? What do you want to be doing on a consistent basis?
- Looking at your lists that you have created of what you have observed what watching and talking with others about successful and unsuccessful retirements. And from your vision lists. Looking at those how would an ideal week look. Ideal Week
- How much time would you like to spend in each area for your ideal week?
- What would that look like in each area?
- What would you be doing Monday morning, afternoon, night
- Areas to consider to be working into your ideal week as a bit of review
- Family/Friends, Work/Career, Downtime, Sleep, Health/Fitness, Personal Growth.
- How will you bring your vision into reality?
- What kind of positive habits, attitudes and action steps can you implement?
- What’s the RECIPE for the Vision you want to create
- What energizes you?
- What empowers you to take action?
- What motivates you to achieve your Vision?
Action step: To help bring your retirement vision to life
- What are some of the things that you do now that you thoroughly enjoy?
- List a few of the accomplishments you are most proud of.
- What are a few unfulfilled dreams or accomplishments that you would like to someday see fulfilled in your life?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Reflect on your answers and make a list of what changes or future plans you would like to develop to thrive, prosper and flourish?
“How to Retire Happy, Wild and Free” by Ernie Zelinski